We put in the baseboards, which goes a long way towards giving us that finished look. This is the before photo (from quite a while back):
And here's how it looks now:
We had some small issues along the way. One cut was a hair too short, but nothing a little caulk can't fix. And there are some little notches at the base of the cabinet that had to be cut out. But aside from that, it wasn't terrible tough.
I still need to throw a coat of trim paint on the baseboard, and eventually a little quarter round at the bottom so it matches the walls, and that'll be that!
I can't stress how much of a difference the trim makes. Instead of this being a mediocre cabinet that would come with us when we move, I added something that should--with a little luck--add some value to our house. And it wasn't too much work (especially if you have someone you can "supervise").